Friday, April 24, 2009

Playing With Photos #3

I know I've been missing from blog world but I'll jump in for a quick photo edit and then try to find some time to expound on where I've been and what I've been up to. As always, great stories to come! :)

Check out I Faces for more edits this week!

Original image:


My edits using Picnik:

My goal was to bring a bit more color into the shot, livening it up a touch. I would like to play up his beautiful eyes but can't find a way to do that on Picnik. I feel like my result is a bit grainier than I'd prefer but I liked the colors I achieved.

Second edit:

I am always hesitant about cropping beyond the face borders but decided to play a bit and give it a shot. I liked how this one turned out and I found a way to sort of bring out the eyes and mouth a touch more while softening up the rest. Such fun! :)

Anyways, still a novice...maybe learning a bit more each week!

3 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I think you achieved a beautiful sparkle in his eyes and I like the photo rotated as well. Beautiful!

~Angie
co-founder of I ♥ Faces

Amanda Heath said...

Love the cropped version, it really brought out the eyes more and brought focus to what the image was really all about...that adorable little baby face!

Shae said...

I like the cropped version best. great job.

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP